On September 15, 1907, a man of God named Peter Menconi received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. A great revival started throughout the Italian community, and this was the beginning of the Pentecostal work in the Grand Avenue Church in Chicago. When the Grand Avenue Church became too small for its growing congregation, it moved to Erie Street in Chicago and was named Christian Assembly or, in Italian, “Assemblea Christiana”. It eventually moved to Belmont Avenue where it continued to minister to all people, though the majority of its congregation was of Italian background. In the late ’60s, the church moved to its Harlem Avenue location and was renamed The Church of the Full Gospel.
In 2008, The Church of the Full Gospel and Good Shepherd Bible Church merged. To honor the great heritage of both these congregations, the new church was named Good Shepherd Christian Assembly. Now, as our church moves into a new chapter, we know the Lord has called us to take daring steps of faith and to continue to reach the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
In October of 2015, the congregation voted to rename the church Rejoice Ministries.